Parents and families are always welcome at Duke Street Nursery School and we value parents as the child's first educator. We feel strongly that parents and nursery work closely together to provide the best environment for children to thrive and develop. We encourage parents to become involved in nursery life through the following activities/ events.
With James, our site supervisor, 'Green Fingered Families' and 'The Dad's Group' from our Children's Centre are currently developing our allotment. One of our parents is volunteering to run it as her allotment and to continue involving all the children and school. Please speak to a member of staff if you would like to become involved!
- Open door policy- all parents are welcome into nursery at any time of the day and an appointment is not necessary.
- Volunteers-If parents would like to work in school they are more than welcome. Some parents have particular skills they would like to share with the nursery i.e. playing a musical instrument, artist- this can easily be arranged. Other parents would just like to come along and join the fun, all parents are inducted by our senior member of staff.
- Family Open days- Parents and families are invited into nursery once a term to look at the work their children have been doing, talk to the child's teachers and play alongside their children.
- Weekend workouts- Every Wednesday a sheet is sent home with your child to inform you on what they will be doing the following week. It also gives ideas of how you can support your child's learning at home.
- Concerts-We have many concerts throughout the year that parents and families are welcome to attend
- Events- Autumn concert, Christmas maths trails, summer fete, these are just a few of the events we encourage our parents to be involved in throughout the year.
- Parents Evening-Twice a year a meeting will be arranged between the parents and the child's class teacher. This is an opportunity to find out how your child is getting on a nursery and ask any questions.